Applications are invited for paid field internships
Duration: 3 months from the date of joining
Number of openings: 7 (Uttarakhand-2, West Bengal-2, Arunachal Pradesh-2, Sikkim-3)
1. Potential candidates should be physically fit and possess the ability to work across difficult or rugged terrains with sub-optimal field conditions with limited resources/connectivity. Prior experience in ecological sampling would be desirable.
2. Candidates with prior experience of working in the respective landscapes and knowledge of the local language would be an added advantage.
3. Good communication skills
4. Since this is a continuous field work position, the intern will be posted full-time on field and has to virtually report/communicate to the headquarter at least once a week
1. To collect primary ecological and socio-economic data in the high-altitude districts of the states of Uttarakhand, West Bengal, Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim.
2. Collection of secondary data pertaining to villages, reserve forests, policies etc. of the underlying districts.
3. Compiled information in the form of a report on the above activities to be submitted to the Senior Coordinator, GTF
Remuneration: The GTF will provide a monthly stipend of Rs.12,000/- and a certificate post completion of internship and submission of report. Basic food and accommodation, travel allowance, and other field logistics will be taken care of by the GTF/Project, however field gear and other personal requirements/equipment shall not be provided.
Application procedure: The following to be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Application for field internship for HAT landscapes”
1. Copy of your updated Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. One-page Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Application deadline: 25 September, 2021
Deadline extended till: 31 October 2021