The Global Tiger Forum (GTF) in association with the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) organised a virtual capacity building workshop for senior officials of some TRCs of South and South East Asia (Bangladesh, Bhutan, Malaysia and Nepal) from 17 to 21 August 2021. Apart from sharing of best practices and field experiences, the workshop aimed towards strengthening South and South-East Asia cooperation and better understanding of on-ground and region specific solutions to conservation issues.
The module of the workshop covered the following themes:
- Global Tiger Status
- Project Tiger in India and Institutionalization of the tiger agenda in the country
- Tiger dynamics and demography
- Wildlife Protection and combatting illegal wildlife trafficking
- Wildlife Monitoring
- Tiger Conservation Planning
- Active Tiger and Prey Management
- Community stewardship and engagement
- Landscape scale engagement
- Resource Mobilization
- Linkages to climate change and disease regulation/pandemic prevention
The response to the virtual capacity building program was encouraging.